8.17.2008

training, week 2

well, week 1 is complete as scheduled, with 3 walks of 30 minutes each at a 13-16 min/mile pace. we were making about a 14 min/mile pace, so we were definitely doing well.

week 2 started today. our program is 4 walks of 45 minutes each, at the same pace as week 1. we tried out a new course of about 3 miles and made it in plenty of time. now there are only 3 more walks to go!

also got my new gear in the mail last week, and i love my new shoes! they're the nike air max moto 6 in silver/cactus. they are so comfortable! i didn't realize how worn out my old shoes were... these feel like walking on a springy cushion!

i like training so much more with the new shoes! i'm also enjoying stretching a lot more because i'm using yoga instead of regular old stretches. my favorite show is namaste yoga, which is very relaxing, a great stretch, and really helps me focus on the different area of my body that need a stretch.

all in all, training is going very well so far!

No comments: