8.26.2007

true colors shining through

i took the "true colors" quiz for the first time today. strangely enough, despite my love of quizzes and personality tests, i had never seen this one before. anyway, for those who aren't familiar, it's similar to the myers-briggs personality test in that it divides the personalities into four groups. however, it's a much simpler format. you're either an orange, a gold, a blue, or a green. it gives you your total score for each, and some people can be a balance of all four. i'm primarily a green, with a score of 12, blue came in a close second at 11, gold followed at 7, and then orange at 6.

what this supposedly says about me as a green is:

"I am conceptual. I have an investigative mind, intrigued by questions like, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" I am an independent thinker, a natural nonconformist, and live life by my own standards.

I like to do things that require vision, problem solving, strategy, ingenuity, design, and change. Once I have perfected an idea, I prefer to move on to a new challenge.

I value knowledge, intelligence, insight, and justice. I enjoy relationships with shared interests. I prefer to let my head rule my heart. I am cool, calm, and collected. I do not express my emotions easily."

i do relate to the green description (and the blue too, although i won't post it here), but i feel that my inner orange has been underrepresented. i really enjoy being with others and doing things, and i thrive in a party situation. i love to be the hostess with the mostest!

perhaps my results lean heavily away from orange because i'm taking this quiz from the perspective of a mother? i feel like i'm a very different person when i have to set an example for my child, as opposed to who i am when no one else's well-being depends directly upon my actions. when i know it's not hurting anyone else, i love to let go and just be carefree... but when i know there's a little one depending on me, i have to judge each of my actions carefully. i guess that's where my "cool, calm, and collected" green leanings come in handy. i can think of my tasks intellectually and determine what needs to be done instead of acting first and thinking later.

go figure... being a parent really does change things.

can i go back to college now? where's the keg? who lost the twister spinner? anyone know how to make a woo-woo?

No comments: