8.14.2007

what's going on

sorry, folks! it's been a while since i've last posted... i've been spending most of my spare time trying to race through harry potter and the order of the phoenix (reading aloud to my stepson) so that we can go see the movie on friday.

we're not too far from the end now. two more nights of reading should do it. i wish i could read for longer at a stretch, but reading out loud for too long makes my throat hurt! i guess it might help if i didn't try to do the voices, but liam has a lot of fun with those.

hagrid is particularly tough, but fun. harry, hermione, and ron end up sounding a lot like the movie actors. my favorite, so far, has been umbridge. i just love doing a sickeningly sweet, breathy voice that evokes a girlish mask for evil! i'll be interested to see (hear) how she is portrayed in the movie. from the stills i've seen, she doesn't look a whole lot like rowling's description of the character, but perhaps her voice will be like the one in my imagination.

other than pottering, i've been reading watership down (to myself, not aloud) because that was what the bluepyramid.com book quiz told me i am, and i've never read it! i've also been planning a small fete for saturday night, running a bit, and taking care of all the usual errands. oh, and working. can't forget that one.

after the harry potter bum rush is over, i'll probably post more often. i'll also work on my other blog- a creative piece... it's an experiment for now, but i have good feelings for it.

oh, and i want to do some posts about my four cats, because they are fun and interesting!

yes, there are four, and yes, we are a crazy cat family. you got a problem with that?

No comments: