9.26.2007

overactive imagination

well, tv's back, which means far less time for posting and reading and running and all the other activities i do in my free time... however, i'm going to try not to let it take over my entire evening to allow time for other things- especially running. now that my foot is feeling 90% better, i think i can get back to it.

only problem is, by the time i get done with dinner and all my evening activities, it's already dark. i really don't like being out by myself after dark... particularly near the woods, which is where the high school track is.

i know i live in a safe area, and it's unlikely that anything would happen. however, my imagination gets the better of me every time i'm there even close to twilight. i manage to work myself up and get all scared and practically run back to safety. (yes, i know the point of going running is to run, but it's not to run away in fear.)

i think it stems back to all the horror books, shows, etc. that i read and watched as a kid and a teenager, especially twin peaks. the scenes from that dense pine forest always gave me a feeling of intense dread. add to that all the stephen king books about bloodthirsty supernatural creatures living in the forests of maine and preying upon innocent suburbanites, and you begin to understand just what my imagination holds.

so no, running at night just doesn't work well for me... i need a bodyguard!

No comments: